Monday, July 30, 2007

yeah

My sister-in-law emailed me pics of my new niece probably within minutes of walking in the door from getting home from the hospital. (At least HER priorities are in the right place, lol.) Mollie's absolutely adorable and I can't wait to meet her! If my car had air conditioning I would have driven up to see her today.

The kids had their first water balloon fight yesterday. I filled about a dozen balloons and they took turns throwing them at each other. The thrower would lob a balloon in the general direction of the target while the target squinted their eyes shut, covered their ears and cringed in anticipation of being hit. Back and forth until the balloons were gone. When I refused to fill more balloons, Gene suggested they fill cups of water and throw them at each other. They LOVED that idea but it didn't play out the way we thought it would... They sat cross-legged in the lawn with the hose between them and took turns filling a cup and dumping it on the other person, laughing their heads off for at least 15 minutes. At least they're easily entertained!

No comments: