Friday, February 29, 2008

Smurf Boy

I HATE to get phone calls at work because normally I'm working outside, far, far away from a phone. Yesterday I had just walked into the zoo kitchen (where there's an office with a phone) when I got a radio call that I had a phone call from Logan's daycare. Crap! Daycare doesn't call unless they want you to pick up your kid! And if you have to pick up your kid due to illness, you can't bring them back the following day! At least it was 4pm and I had almost everything done for the day...

So, filled with dread, I answered the phone. The daycare woman started going on and on about Logan's pale legs. Several of the other teachers thought they even had a BLUE tint to them. Plus, when you pushed them, it turned white. But they felt warm and didn't hurt and Logan was eating and playing and acting normal and they didn't need me to come and pick him up but they knew I'd want to know and what time would I be coming to pick him up???!!!???

I think she was VERY disappointed when I said 5:30 (the usual time.) I spent my last hour at work wondering what on earth was going on and especially wondering if my blond-haired, blue-eyed boy has (GASP) pale legs!

When I arrived at daycare Every. Single. Employee. I encountered asked if I had heard about Logan's legs. When I got to the top of the stairs, the teacher who discovered the legs was waiting (relatively far from Logan's classroom) with Logan and all his stuff. Teachers swarmed around while Logan sighed, sat on a bench and for what was obviously the umpteenth time of the day, lifted his pant legs.

His knees WERE kind of bluish. I felt his legs and they were warm and looked normal other than the area around his knees that looked almost bruised. They didn't hurt him at all so I took my freak child and left the building. On the way home in the car he assured me there was NOTHING wrong with his legs. I got wrapped up in getting dinner and accomplishing all the evening chores and pretty much forgot about them.

Gene got home right after Logan got out of the shower. Logan's legs looked slightly better, but his knees still looked a bit blue. I had Gene look at them while he was helping Logan get dressed. Helping Logan get dressed in his brand new, washed one time dark jeans... One of three pairs I bought last weekend that Logan's been wearing and playing on the floor on his KNEES... The floor that has had snow tracked onto it and has probably been slightly damp,
ESPECIALLY in the area in front of the door where Logan usually plays...

LOL!!! I think we solved The Mystery of Little Bluelegs :) Hopefully, daycare will accept this explanation and won't force me to spend $80 at the doc to confirm the "bruising" is indeed dye from his cheap Target jeans!

(And for those of you observant enough to wonder, yes, my son does sleep fully clothed. He is convinced that pajamas are for BABIES and refuses to wear anything but "regular clothes" to bed. So there.)

.......................................................................................................................................................

Happy 9th Birthday, Lynne!!!!!

.......................................................................................................................................................

I had my second session (of three) with my personal trainer on Monday. I told her how bad work had been for two days after our first session and how I was NOT going to be in that much pain again! We spent a lot less time doing squats and lunges and spent a lot more time on upper body stuff. The next days I hurt just enough to know I accomplished something, but not enough to impair me in any way. I have my third AND FINAL session on Sunday afternoon. I will be sooooo happy to be done with that :) I'm glad I did it because I learned how to use all the weight equipment and exercise machines. I suspect that if I hadn't done the sessions, I would have limited my gym membership to the track and possibly the treadmills. Pointless!

No comments: