Monday, July 28, 2008

more snippets

Most of my nail polish was gone after two days at work so I removed it. My toes are still bright purple :) It must be the ugliest shiny shade of purple ever, but it's kind of growing on me.

The neighbors got a new 8 week old border collie puppy. I am completely in love. I love this pup so much I almost allowed their one-yr-old child into our house. Must. Keep. Control. That kid isn't coming in until he's at least two! Then (and only then) he can come in and poop on our carpet until Gene and Logan get him potty trained. The pup is smart and is supposedly already potty trained. The pup isn't coming into my house either. Probably...

I rode my bike to work Saturday. It's a 6-7 mile ride I would never attempt on a weekday because ~3 miles of it is on busy Knoxville. I didn't know how it would be so I arranged for Gene to pick me up after work. Next time I'll ride home. It was pretty safe other than the stretch between Detweiller and Pioneer Parkway which would have been scary had there been any traffic. On the way home I could ride or walk that 1/4 mile in the grass if the traffic was too bad. Fun! It was the first time I rode my "new" bike any real distance. I love the bike!

Logan finished his tee-ball season last week and swimming lessons are done this week. Phew! I can use a few weeks off from activities before school starts. I can't believe July is almost over. School starts in 4 weeks! Kaylin is loving daycamp and Logan's having a great time at daycare. Well, I promised Logan he could have a new pair of shoes in July. Since this is my last day off in July, I'm picking him up early to go shoe shopping before swimming lessons. He's terribly influenced by the stupid Sketchers commercials on Nickelodeon. Sketchers doesn't make Aerators or Z-straps in wide sizes so we're going to Stride Rite to spend even more $$$ on stinking wide shoes. I could be spending money on glasses or hearing aids or medication... Wide feet are our "disability." I have to keep reasoning that with myself.

Oh. I'll eventually remember to have Gene show me how to reduce photo size and switch the hideous spa pic :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We took the boys back-to-school shopping Sunday and Sam HAD to have Sketchers Aerators (due to Nickelodeon commercials, as well). He finally settled on a pair of Sketchers Ventilators - we wouldn't let him get the Aerators because all the ones they had at Famous Footwear had Velcro closures, and we were afraid he'd forget how to tie laces. Eli then also had to have Sketchers. Thankfully, they were both on sale and FF had a buy-one-get-the-second-at-half-price deal going on so we walked out with two pairs of Sketchers for $57, including tax. Now if we can just keep them in the box until school starts in two weeks...

Kathy Schrenk said...

Yay for riding!! :-)