Sunday, September 16, 2007

yippee weekend

The neighbor kids were over for about 10 minutes last night but that was the only time we saw them this week! It's 3:30pm Sunday and they haven't been over all day. It's a lovely break. Meanwhile, I'm trying to think of ANYTHING to write to procrastinate packing/moving around all the books/toys/junk in our living room and playroom. We don't have a definite date, but the new carpet could be installed as early as this week and I DO NOT want to try to move everything the night before! I'm amazed at how many toys we have. Hopefully I can get rid of a bunch while I go through them to move them around.

Kaylin and I went to six different stores looking for the Lil'Kinz Googles (duck.) None of the stores had it. I was very proud that she saved her money for when they do rather than just buy whatever Webkinz was available. We then went to Target to buy some long pants. The temperatures were very cool this week and I realized Kaylin had only two pairs of long pants that still fit- and both are gray leggings. They survived from last year because she hated them so much she never wore them :) Kaylin refuses to wear jeans so we bought several pairs of leggings and one nice sweatsuit. That should be ok for a while...

Speaking of long clothes, Logan transitioned VERY easily from shorts to pants and short sleeves to long sleeves. That was a relief after how difficult it was to switch him from long to short. This week the temps are supposed to be in the upper 80s and I'm terrified he'll refuse to wear anything short. It's 75 degrees today and Kaylin and I are in shorts and Gene and Logan are in jeans and layers of long sleeves. I don't get it.

I've got more misunderstood song lyrics from Logan. We have a train video (I Love Toy Trains) with a song Logan enjoys singing. It goes "Daddy, what's a train? Is it something I can ride?" and then later "Is it bigger than our house?" Logan sings "Daddy was a train" and "There's a finger in our house." It's become a major family joke and even though Logan doesn't get why it's funny, when he wants us to laugh he sings "There's a finger in our house..." Today he was watching the video and listened hard during that line and realized he had the lyrics wrong. Oh. It's actually "There's a Tigger in our house!" Sigh.

We went to the Pumpkin Festival this week. Same old, same old. The kids are getting a bit old for most of the kiddie rides but Logan's still too little for the octopus and the scrambler. It was a good time. We got pumpkin cookies and the kids got to play inside a real fire engine and ambulance. Oh, and Gene got tons of free junk in the tent. I couldn't get Saturday off work to go to the parade but Gene took the kids. They got TONS of candy and had a great time playing with their cousins.

Well, this is getting long and boring so I best get packin' toys!

No comments: