Sunday, June 14, 2009

Feelin' like a cat on a leash

I did go out and buy myself a foot massager and it was $20 well spent! It's just a "bubbling foot spa" I found at Wal-Mart, but it is wonderful and relaxing. I took a 2-3 hour nap yesterday afternoon and then slept from 8:30pm-6am. I really wanted to do something fun with the kids today, but I'm going to make myself stay home and rest instead. Maybe I'll enjoy my bubbling foot spa for a while and follow it with another nap :)

I've never given much thought to the fact my neighbors are deaf until this weekend. The weather has been beautiful and we've had the doors open. (Our crappy windows don't actually open.) Anyway, I first realized they can't hear their dog barking and barking and barking and barking. Also, they can't hear their car alarm that for some reason they've set off 94 times in the past 48 hours. Oh, and then the dog starts barking because he CAN hear the car alarm. I want to start barking, too!

I was outside playing with the kitten this morning when the alarm went off yet again. I looked over and Neighbor Man was cleaning out his hatchback, completely oblivious to the BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! The kids told their mom and she ran out and had him turn it off. Thirty seconds later... WHAT is he keeping in that car that is so valuable it needs to be alarmed? And if you can't HEAR your alarm, is there really a point to having one? Theirs goes off often enough I don't give it a thought other than annoyance :)

Yesterday was Logan's first tee-ball game of the season. So far there are none of those crazy parents who get all worked up about their Little Pumpkin being wronged by the evil coach or the other kids or parents. In tee-ball, every kid fields at the same time and every kid bats each of the (2 or 3 depending on time) innings. Last year every kid on Logan's team mobbed the ball regardless of where they were playing. This year it seems that all the kids on his team are in their own happy world and only notice the ball when it hits their foot. Either way, tee-ball is hilarious to watch. Tee-ball is definitely about the basics!

Kaylin was whining about having to go to the game so I let her take the kitten. I got him a harness and tied on a lightweight piece of twine as a leash. Tiger really seemed to enjoy being outside and even all the attention he was receiving from the other "poor little girls" attending their brothers' games. Tiger's a great cat. We got some weird looks and comments for taking a cat on a leash to a ball game. Pffffff. Why wouldn't we take a cat?

No comments: