Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fool

I could have a lot of fun with April Fool's Day if only there were more hours in the day... I didn't play one April Fool's gag this year at home or at work. Several years ago Family Fun magazine had a feature about April Fool's meals. There were mini meatloaf "cupcakes" with colored mashed potato "frosting" and "veggies" made out of candy and fruit roll-ups. I love the idea, but I severely lack the motivation and the desire to make the time to not only make mashed potatoes, but to also color them blue and pink. Yeah, no!

The kids had plenty of fun with the "holiday." "Hey Kaylin, there's a guy behind you!" "April Fool!!!" "EEEK! Logan, there's a spider on your head!" And on and on and it never stopped being funny. To them. Then the neighbor kids came over and there were four of them fooling each other. Tee. Hee.

Eh, I'm just grumpy because the kitten kept me up half the night. He is the cutest thing in the universe, but he's not fun to sleep with. Two nights ago he figured out how to climb onto our bed and spent the night cuddled next to Gene. It was adorable! Tiger snuggled into Gene's blanket and barely moved all night. Last night I was the Chosen One. He balled up his 800 degree body right next to mine and nearly boiled me out of my blanket. When I removed my socks to try to cool down he attacked my toes. Then he attacked my fingers and my face and anything else he could think of. Ahhhhhhhhh! I was too tired to do anything about it. Plus, he's so stinking cute and starts purring like an engine every time he's touched.

Spring Break is next week. I took the week off work so I just have to get through today and I'm on vacation! We don't have any plans so it should be a fun week of playing with kids and kitten. Oooh! Maybe I'll make those meatloaf cupcakes! Not.

No comments: