Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crazy Week!

It's been a tough week at work. Some minor changes have everyone in an uproar. Morale is low and frustration high. I was relieved to have today off to use up my final remaining vacation day before my anniversary date next week. Hooray! A three day weekend! Plenty of time to relax and get stuff done. I had a great plan for today that included sweet tea, catching up some computer stuff, paying bills and cleaning Logan's room.

I walked out the door to take the kids to school and nearly fell on my butt. I slipped and slid to the car. The doors were frozen shut so I almost fell several more times getting them open. Then I had to scrape the windows. It was so slick that the force required to scrape the window was pushing me away from the car. I had to hug my body against the filthy car and scrape one-handed while my feet kept slipping out from under me. Finally! Ready to leave. I backed about 10 feet, slid off the driveway and my car was buried to the bottom of the doors in icy snow.

I tried reverse, I tried the lower gears. It was so slick I didn't move at all. Meanwhile, Logan Freaked. Out. He was screaming and bawling like we just got plowed by a semi! Kaylin and I were laughing because I had been going so slow we didn't even feel ourselves going off the driveway, just knew we were stuck. There was absolutely no bump or jarring event of any kind. Just whoops, we're stuck.

It was now 10 minutes before school started. There was no possible way to be on time. I came inside and tried to call Gene but he didn't answer. I thought of several people I could call for a ride, but decided pfffff, I'll just call the kids off of school and not worry about it. That cheered Logan a great deal. They spent the morning playing Wii and playing with the cats. I spent the morning messing around on my computer. No sweet tea, but maybe I can get that tomorrow. Now I have to decide whether it's worth my effort to try to get the car out of the yard or if I should just call a tow truck. I'm leaning toward tow truck but it seems dumb to not even TRY to get it out myself. Such a dilemma...

No comments: