Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yawn

I've done a lot this week, but nothing particularly interesting or blogworthy. Gene and I celebrated our 16th anniversary on Friday by going to see Star Trek. I can honestly say I wasn't looking forward to this movie but ended up loving it. I didn't even fall asleep! We also went hiking at Forest Park Nature Center in the morning and had breakfast at Le Peep.

Gene took the kids to Chicago on Saturday and Sunday. They went to a White Sox game, the Museum of Science and Industry and the DuPage Children's Museum. The Sox won, the fireworks after the game were great and the kids loved the museums. Everyone had a great time.

I spent most of my free Saturday going through toys, including Logan's massive car collection. I sorted them and got rid of a bunch. I also spent some quality time with the kitten. Oh, and I got myself a giant potato from McAlister's. A terribly exciting day!

Right now work is actually terribly exciting :) Just about everything is ready for this Thursday night's "company picnic" followed by Member Day and Donor Night on Saturday. The new area will officially open to the public the following Saturday. So far, everything is going really well and I'm looking forward to finally falling into a routine. It will be soooo strange to have visitors in the new area! I've been working in the area for six months and the only other humans have been construction workers finishing jobs and the rare VIP tour. It'll be strange to have to maneuver through a sea of people! We'll have to drive through four sets of gates we've never before bothered to use to get the Manuremobile from the main building to the giraffe/rhino building. Without people, we've been able to move vehicles back and forth anytime. It will be quite a sudden change to go from no one to crowds in one day.