Sunday, May 3, 2009

You can call me Red

Saturday afternoon I went to the walk-in place to get a haircut. They were surprisingly slow and way overstaffed so I was taken to a chair immediately. The girl asked what I wanted and when I said just a haircut she wasn't having any part of it. I'm thinking she was going to get sent home early and wanted her hours, because she went on and on about how I was going to have to color my gray sooner or later so I might as well do it Right Now. Since I've been meaning to color my hair for several years now, I went ahead with it.

Cutter assured me she would match my natural brown so perfectly that the roots won't be noticeable when it grows out. Well, except for the gray. Ok, go for it! Cutter spent a ridiculously long time mixing the color (or doing something since I have no idea how the process actually works.) She then colored my hair and stuck me under the dryer long enough that I fell asleep. (Which could have been two minutes since I can't sit still doing nothing without falling asleep. Thanks Dad!) She then washed my hair and warned me that it looks really dark but that's just because it's wet. I didn't pay much attention. She cut my hair and messed around for a long time with different straightening irons and curling irons and gunk and spray. Cutter was having a good old time playing with my hair. Finally, she turned me around for my "reveal." I was SHOCKED. My hair is nowhere NEAR my natural color! It is RED!!!

Ok, red may be a bit of an overstatement, but it is dark brown with a very rusty tinge. In direct sunlight it looks like I intentionally dyed it a weird shade of red. I'm terrible at describing color, but my hair color reminds me of the women with brown hair who dye their hair with that purple tint. Except my hair has a red tint. I'm having a hard time getting used to it. Kaylin is too... Next time I will save some $$$ and do it myself! I doubt I can do any worse :)

No comments: