Wednesday, March 5, 2008

steppin' out

One morning as I was walking into the Riverplex to run, I paused for a few seconds to watch a step aerobics class. There were only about 5 people in the class and two of them were very large women. It looked really fun and I thought "If those two can do it, I can do it." I kept walking past the class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, noting that the two women kept showing up.

This Tuesday, I finally decided to give the class a try. I've never considered myself particularly coordinated, but I didn't realize I'm completely UNcoordinated! It was an hour of confusion, but somehow it was also a blast! I laughed at myself the entire time. We had a short water break in the middle of class. The two women I had been watching for a few weeks noticed the new person and came over to give me some encouragement. They told me "Hang in there. There's no way you could possibly be worse than us."

It took all of my self control not to tell them that they were my inspiration for joining the class :)

No comments: