Sunday, January 30, 2011

Final post of January (probably)

I'm basically just making this entry so I can write "blissfully boring and normal" three posts in a row :) Oh, and get one more post in for January since I've been such a slacker this month. Probably because my life has been so blissfully boring and normal!

The kids got their report cards on Friday and it really set the tone for a great weekend. Kaylin's was excellent and Logan improved in everything. I was so relieved! He brought Cs in Reading and Language Arts up to Bs and got As in everything else. He was recently moved up to "green dot" books and while I have no idea what that means, he is VERY proud of himself! He's been choosing books and actually reading willingly most nights. Occasionally, he even reads at Latchkey or in bed for fun! I don't know if he'll ever be a bookworm, but at least I feel confident that he'll be ABLE to read what he needs to.

Kaylin and I have been reading the Series of Unfortunate Events. Right now we're on book 11 of 13. These books are the hilarious sequence of misfortune the three Baudelaire children face following the death of their parents due to arson. It sounds terrible, but the writing is fantastic and the books are some of the funniest I've read. It's like having our own little book club; we get to discus all the crazy and unlikely things that happen to the kids. I hope we can find another series to share after we finish this one because we've been having lots of fun!

Tess the cat decided to move back inside the house. She's been living in the garage ever since Tiger moved in almost two years ago. It would be a good thing, except elderly kitty is a major puker. I haven't cleaned this much cat vomit since Sharon's Molo stayed with us. She's been sleeping in Kaylin's bed and last night puked on Kaylin's pillow. Kaylin had to move out to the living room for the rest of the night. Ugh.

Gene and Logan are playing their nightly tackle football game and I can't concentrate. Hooray for it being almost February! Four more weeks and we can at least START thinking spring!

No comments: