Friday, October 31, 2008

Crazy week, but next week will be worse...

So, this week in Susyland, Logan cut his hair. He chopped two hunks out of the front of his already buzzed head. It looks kinda dumb, but will grow back quickly. After he did it he lamely made a comment "Huh, some of my hair fell out." Yeah.

I was in St. Louis to train Monday through Wednesday. I got to see their five adorable tiger cubs and got to touch a baby elephant. Otherwise, I worked with giraffes and other antelope and then with rhinos and red river hogs. It was fun, but exhausting.

Wednesday was my birthday and I got home from St. Louis just enough before bedtime to have cake and enjoy the decorations the kids put up. They were really excited. I wasn't too excited about my birthday in general, but the kids made it fun.

Today my boss told me she's switching my days off from Sunday and Monday to Friday and Saturday. That probably means that I won't have any days off this week. She also said I'd be working 7 days a week for a month or two while the new animals get situated and we get used to working with giraffes and rhinos. That pretty much means that a week ago Sunday was my last day off until probably Christmas. Ugh. I won't have to work 8 hour days on my "days off" but will have to go in for at least a few hours.

Our first new animal shipment comes tomorrow and then I'm not even sure how many new animals are scheduled to come next week. A lot! For sure the giraffes! It's terribly exciting, but I sure wish I had a day to catch up on laundry and bills!!!!

Tonight we took the kids to the Halloween party thrown by my parents' neighborhood association. They have tons of fun games that are rewarded with candy. The candy this year was fantastic! It was ALL good stuff like Hershey's and Kit Kat. The kids both left the party with about 20 candy bars and then went trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. I couldn't believe their haul! Absolutely no Tootsie Rolls or nasty peanut butter kisses. No Smarties or Sweet Tarts or crap candy of any kind. Logan dressed up like Batman and wore his entire costume, including mask from the time of his party at school until we got home at 8:15pm. Kaylin dressed up as pageant queen "Miss Messy." She covered an old white Salvation Army dress with paint and markers and dirt. I ran it over with the car several times. We made a Miss Messy sash out of an old tee-shirt and covered an old princess tiara with foil. It was pretty cute and totally appropriate for my slob princess.

I better get some sleep and gear up for my crazy week!

No comments: