Sunday, November 2, 2008

Hurray, weekend.

Whew! I walked into work Saturday morning and the November schedule was posted. I was scheduled to work Sunday with Monday off and then off Saturday. I asked my boss if I'd need to come in at all on Monday and thanked her for giving me that day off. She looked at the schedule and said she hadn't meant to schedule me until NEXT Sunday and that I'd have Sunday and Monday completely off! Wooohoooooooo!!! Man, I needed this weekend!

We got our first new animals in yesterday. Five colobus monkeys, including an adorable 6-month-old baby came from New York. It was so amazing to see actual animals in the new building! It was also fantastic to see the other zoo's keepers' reactions to the monkeys' new home. They were all quite impressed.

This week the giraffes, lions, gazelles, zebra, red river hogs and some other small animals are scheduled to arrive. Within two weeks, all the major animals will be here. Incredible.

I spent most of this morning shopping for Logan's Batman birthday party. Kaylin was picking fights with him so I forced her to come along with me. We went to Wal-Mart, Dollar Tree, Michael's, Big Lots and the party store. That's WAY too much shopping for me! We got lots of good stuff, though. Logan doesn't want to see any of it. He wants everything to be a surprise :)

No comments: