Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring starts tomorrow!

Yesterday was beautiful, 60s and sunny. The kids were excited to play outside after we got home from work/school. They were playing ball and riding bikes in our driveway with the neighbor kids. Stupid Neighbor Dog was tearing around with the kids and Tiger was watching him from the front door. Tiger was getting really agitated because Stupid Dog kept running right in front of the glass storm door, taunting him. Little Neighbor Boy was inside playing with Logan's cars and decided to go out. He walked around Tiger, slightly pushing him out of the way. Just then, Stupid Dog went charging past at the same moment Little Boy opened the door. Tiger (who doesn't go outside) shot out the door and took off after that dog. It was hilarious! Tiger chased Stupid Dog into the other neighbors' back yard. Stupid Dog was scared to death of the widdle kitty. Tiger came strutting back into our yard, tail high and proud, having vanquished the beast. The kids and I were all about bawling with laughter, but Neighbor Dad wasn't too thrilled about his wimpy pup. Made my day!

I have a 4 day weekend to use up the last of my "extra" E-time. My only plan is to do as little as possible so I can wear the cast as little as possible. I'm sort of getting used to it, but Wednesday was tough. I realized it was my halfway point and could hardly stand the thought of wearing it another 3 weeks. It was a looooooong day at work. I can't ever remember wanting to be at work less. I somehow made it through.

Logan is cracking me up because he keeps referring to my parents as "seniors" and discussing different things seniors like to do. "Well, Pawpaw's a Senior, so he likes to eat at Steak and Shake." "Grandma's a Senior, so she doesn't want to ride her bike up and down the street." He gets really confused when I start laughing because he's so serious about it. He'll point out some little old lady in the store and label her a Senior- just like Grandma. I think he just likes using the new word, but I'm enjoying it immensely :)

I have an appointment at the bank and then I think I'll take the kids down to Tractor Supply. They're having chick and bunny days, with lots of live baby chicks, ducklings and bunnies that can be petted. Peep, peep, peep, peep.

No comments: