Friday, December 5, 2008

Ugh

I'm on my first "scheduled" weekend since the new animals started arriving! We had two new people start this week so I should get all of my usual days off from here on out!

I've been getting a little stressed and burned out at work, probably just tired... Anyway, I had a couple of nights this week where I dreamed all night about cleaning out rhino drains. Seemingly all night long I cleaned hay and poop out of drains. Over and over. I remember when I worked at Pizza Hut I'd dream about cutting pizzas- just cutting and boxing pizza after pizza. I'm sure everyone has similar repetetive dreams. They make you want to jump out of bed in the morning and get back to doing the "real" thing. Yep. Uh-huh.

So Thursday morning after a long night of dreaming, I was in the bathroom getting ready for work. Logan came in and was playing with a marble. He was rolling the marble around in the sink. Around and around, it was kind of cool. I sat on the toilet to pee. (Privacy is a privilege reserved for work, when only the occasional child sticks his head under my stall door.) Mid-pee, I feel something cold hit my back and plop into the toilet. Why? Really. Why?

I was completely repulsed, but at the same time laughing at myself. In the past few weeks I've pulled literally hundreds of pounds of rhino poo out of the drains with my BARE HANDS. I've barely given it a thought. But there is NO WAY I'm going to reach into the toilet filled with MY OWN urine to retrieve a marble!

I gave it some thought and sent Logan to the kitchen for the salad tongs. The tongs worked like a charm! I easily plucked the marble from the toilet. But now what? Do I really want to keep the tongs that have been in the TOILET with my PEE???? No. I do not. Goodbye tongs, you served me well!

No comments: