Tuesday, August 26, 2008

first day of kindergarten

The kids slept in until 7:15 and then rushed around getting ready until we left for the bus stop at 7:50. Logan was soooooo excited about the bus, jumping around and dancing with Kaylin. The bus came around the corner, Logan gave me a last excited hug and the bus blew right past us. Huh. It was definitely the right bus. Well, it comes back past our street so we crossed to the other side and waited a few more minutes. I stepped into the street and flagged it down (I figured Logan had waited long enough to ride!!!) and she stopped. Logan jumped right on before Kaylin and sat down and waved like crazy with a huge smile on his face. I think the bus was the number one thing he was looking forward to about kindergarten.

Gene went to work and I drove over to the school to meet Logan and take him in to his classroom. He was totally thrilled with the bus ride and even got to sit with one of his former preschool friends. I dropped him off at his classroom and he went in with no hesitation. He didn't even look back. School got out at 11:15am today, but I figured it would be less confusing for both the kids and their teachers if I went ahead and sent them to Latchkey. I figured they could eat lunch and play a little and I'd pick them up at 1.

I haven't been able to coax much information from Logan other than he loves "kinnagarten" and he loves latchkey. He got to play outside on both playgrounds and enjoyed the lunch Daddy packed. He played with one of the boys that was on his tee-ball team. That's pretty much all the info I've obtained :) Kaylin was very excited to be back with her friends and very annoyed that I made her go to latchkey when she knew perfectly well I had the day off work. There were only SIX other kids!!!! Yes, I am evil.

We took advantage of the gorgeous afternoon and went hiking at Forest Park Nature Center. We always see turkeys and deer and tons of other woodland critters, but today we got lucky and a cute fawn followed us for a while. It was no more than ten feet away. Pretty cool. We also saw bunches of baby turkeys. I'll have to look up what they're called. Chicks? Turkeylings? Anyway, they were awesome :)

No comments: