Sunday, April 13, 2008

sweet tea

Hello, my name is Susy and I am a Diet Pepsi addict. I also enjoy Diet Dr Pepper and the occasional Diet Coke for variety. I've been yo-yoing for years, trying to quit, cutting back, only one caffeinated in the morning, the rest decaf, you get the idea. I also drink lots of water. For years, I have only had beverages that contain no calories. Oh, maybe an occasional iced tea at a restaurant, but otherwise that's what I've had.

Then McDonald's introduced sweet tea. Their commercials and billboards didn't affect me at all. I had no more desire to try sweet tea than I did to try a double-decker Fillet O' Fish. Ewwww! Until one of my friends brought me one when she picked me up... WOW!!!!! Dee.Lish.Us.Ness!!! I've had about 200 sweet teas since and that was a little over a month ago. (Not REALLY 200, but several :) If you haven't tried the stuff, DON'T. It is unbelievably good. Now I'm avoiding finding out the "stats" on sweet tea. I really don't want to know how many calories and how much sugar is in one giant cup. I could totally give up all diet cola for this stuff!

Yeah, it's been an incredibly unexciting week. I have nothing interesting to write about. Oooh, we got a new dryer so I don't have to go to the laundromat this weekend. That's exciting to me after two weekends of laundromat drying. Otherwise, nothing exciting with the kids, pets or work. I'm up to running 3 1/2 miles on the treadmill so I switched to running on the track two days a week now. I'm still terrible at pacing myself on the track, but can go 2 miles, walk 1/4 mile and then run another straight mile. I try to get in 4 miles between running and walking. Whoop-dee-doo.

No comments: