Friday, April 2, 2010

Too excited to sleep


Ugh. It's 3:30am and I can't sleep. I have approximately 1000 things to do before we leave on our trip, but I want to sleep so much that I'm not doing any of them. I'm sure that sitting here writing this will put me right back to sleep :) I guess I'm so excited to get out of town I can't turn off my brain. The boot has me feeling so confined and claustrophobic, I want to run away and escape. But I will never escape the boot. Never! Bwahahaha. Yeah, just lettin' my crazy shine.


The piglets I had been expecting to pop out at any second for over a week were finally born Thursday morning. I had been arriving at work early every morning and practically running over to check the mama hog. Every day I was disappointed. Every day I thought "Tomorrow for sure!" Until Wednesday. Wednesday I was so bummed they hadn't arrived, I knew they wouldn't come until I was out of town. Thursday morning I didn't make the kids wake up early and leave early for school. I did hurry over to check mama hog, but more because I wanted to get some other stuff done. I had no hopes of piglets, but there they were! A cute little line of three adorable brown watermelons. Hurray! Totally made my day! I took around 35 photos, but through the glass and zoomed at maximum none were too great. The piggies move fast and every movement is a blur. But man, they are CUTE! They were worth the wait and made my day.


I need to finish packing and find my camera battery charger and print some maps and put away laundry and do about a jillion other things. Hmmm. I did NOT help myself in my quest to fall back asleep. I stressed myself out enough thinking about the "to do" list I might as well get on it!

No comments: