Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lots of whining

Sadie made it through her surgery ordeal and lived to tell, or whine nonstop. When I went to the vet's office to pick her up, my former coworker filled me in on why the brand new dog that no one even knew needed to be spayed was scheduled for surgery. There were two 9:30 appointments. Both of us had new pets and both of us had the last name Turner. Sugar Turner the cat was scheduled to be spayed. Sadie Turner the dog's paperwork was grabbed accidentally and filled out for both her shots (which I requested) and surgery. Happily, both Sugar and Sadie were spayed and everything worked out just fine. Sadie has been a TERRIBLE whiner the past few days, though. She doesn't seem to be in pain or anything, she just wants constant attention. Ugh.

I went back to the podiatrist yesterday morning. I was hoping to hear a definite final date for the boot. I was told to come back in a week... My previous appointment lasted less than two minutes and the doc didn't even touch my foot. Yesterday I was determined to get some answers. I took my tennis shoes and work boots for him to look at. He was surprised at the condition of my 4 month old work boots. He suggested I pitch and replace them, but thought they were at least a year and a half old. The boots are a good pair of Redwings, not some cheap things I picked up at Walmart! Anyway, he added padding to both my work boots and tennis shoes and the difference is amazing. I'm supposed to continue to wear the cast at work and change between my work boots and tennis shoes at home to get used to not wearing the cast. My foot, ankle and calf are so weak from wearing the cast for two months, you can visibly see the difference in my legs. It feels really weird to have a regular shoe on my right foot and if I walk much I have pain I assume is associated with the weakness. As far as the plantar fasciitis, the doc pressed all over on my foot and I had NO pain. Before the cast when he pressed certain areas it was like he was stabbing me with a knife. I still don't know when I'll be cast-free, but he said if everything is going well at my next appointment maybe I can start wearing the cast half of the day and regular shoes half of the day. We shall see. I sure am sick of wearing the always sopping wet, squishing, squeaking plastic tube strapped to my leg!

No comments: