Friday, October 1, 2010

Disgusting

I've spent the past 3 hours cleaning Kaylin's room and I'd guess I'm about 1/3 of the way done. I don't usually wear gloves at work. I can't stand how they make my hands feel. I dislike gloves so much that I'd rather bare-hand animal feces than wear them. If I had a pair of those yellow rubber housewife gloves I'd be wearing them right now while cleaning Kaylin's room. So far I've removed 2 giant bags of garbage. The most shocking thing I've found so far was a bag of approximately 200 (no exaggeration) MOLDY buckeyes that were swarming with fruit flies. Ummmm. Sadly, Kaylin will be home in about 10 minutes and that will severely slow my progress. This job is way too huge for a 10-yr-old. It might be too big for an almost 38-yr-old!

I'm really sad about how long my house decluttering project is taking. It seems that every time I haul a bunch of stuff to Goodwill, Gene and the kids go to a garage sale and bring home a junky toy ice cream making set with 1000 pieces or 20 gourds from Great-Grandma's house. Kaylin has enough art supplies to stock several classrooms. I'm so overwhelmed with stuff I feel completely buried! I feel like the only way to actually get everything cleaned out is to ACTUALLY move. But who would ever want to buy this house???

Ok, my break's over. I'm gonna spend two more hours on the room and then give up for the day. I'll need a shower before Gene and I go out to dinner tonight. It's that bad.

No comments: