Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rhinos!

Today our two rhinos arrived on a semi-truck. They were in ginormous crates that had to be lifted with a huge, special forklift. They are half-brothers. Harris just turned 3 in September and Leo will be three in December. They both came crashing into our building, charging the bars and banging into things. Harris calmed quickly, but Leo was much more wound-up. We turned off the lights and left for most of the day. When I went back to check on them late this afternoon, Harris was calm and interested in what I was doing and Leo was pacing, but not charging the bars or being aggressive. I can't wait until they calm down. The keeper who came with them said that Harris loves to roll onto his back and have his belly rubbed. Yes. I want to rub his giant rhino belly :)

I am pretty much living at work. Gene has been great about it. When I'm actually home, I'm completely exhausted and nearly useless. I mean, I can help the kids with homework or balance the checkbook or do laundry, but I really don't feel like going back out to grocery shop and I'm not going to rake leaves. Gene's been great about cooking dinner every night and dealing with the kids every morning. I'll apparently continue to work seven days a week until the new person starts (and probably is trained) sometime in early December. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!

No comments: