Monday, February 11, 2008

gasp, grunt, gasp

I had my orientation classes at the Riverplex yesterday. I had three classes scheduled and it turned out I was the only person signed up. It was really cool because I had a personal trainer all to myself and she taught me how to use all the equipment, the weight machines and the stretching area. She answered tons of my questions and impressed me enough that I scheduled three sessions with her.

Today was my first session. Oh. My. Goodness. I guess I kind of imagined we'd sit and discuss what I wanted to accomplish and she'd write out a plan for me and then maybe take me through it. WRONG!!! She immediately put me on the treadmill to warm up and then took me through 50 minutes of exercises with everything from weights to lunges and stair climbing. The last exercise I had to do was scissor kick my legs for 20 seconds while lying on a mat. I couldn't help but laugh because it was sooooo hard to do something so easy. My legs hurt and felt like jello when I finished that session. I considered using the elevator to go down to the locker room because I seriously didn't know if I could walk down the stairs without falling. Good stuff, but it will be hard to make myself work that hard on my own without someone hovering and forcing me.

I somehow managed to walk all the way to the locker room and get my stuff. On the way out I decided to wash my hands. Mistake. This 70-something woman came to the sink next to me, lifted her shirt and started messing with her bra. She then went on and on to me about how she went out and bought this new padded bra especially for her workouts, but she was disgusted because you could still see her nipples! Eeewwww! Share with someone else! I think I said something like "Yeah, I hate that too." The crazy, uninhibited senior citizens in the locker room are Freaking Me Out! Of course, they also make me happy because that's how I want to be in my golden, election judge years :)

Molo the cat went home on Saturday. Before I left for work I packed all his stuff and put everything together so Gene would have an easy time finding everything. Sharon called Gene from the airport to let him know she was on her way. Gene figured it would be good to know where Molo was hiding so he went looking for him. He looked EVERYWHERE in the house and didn't see him. He looked outside and even went around to the neighbors to let them know he was looking for a missing cat. By the time Sharon arrived, Gene was FREAKED OUT. He was running around with a flashlight, looking under everything and going on and on to Sharon about how sorry he was for losing her cat. At some point Logan realized what was going on, got up from playing with his cars, went back to our bedroom and looked under the bed. Logan calmly called "I found Molo. He's under the bed." (Wow. When's the last time your FIVE-yr-old actually found something? Y'know, other than chewed gum under a restaurant table...)

Yeah. Molo was hiding in the exact spot he was in the entire three weeks he was here. Thank goodness Logan was paying attention! Sharon coaxed Molo out of hiding and took him home. That was at about 1:30pm. I got home from work at 5:30pm and Gene was still a mess. He's decided that we will NOT be catsitters again. So if you were hoping to dump your cat on us while you go out of town I guess you're out of luck, LOL.

No comments: